It was pouring rain at my house, and usually when it rains, I get extremely bored, so I drew this out of sheer boredom. As you guys know, I recently got back into watching Disney's Hercules. Well today since it was raining, I watched Beetlejuice, then it hit me, Hades and Beetlejuice kind of have a lot of things in common:
1. They both deal with the dead somehow (Hades is the Lord of the dead, Beetlejuice is dead)
2. They are both negotiators, manipulators, etc.
3. They both eat bugs.
4. They can be crude at times.
5. They have a way with the ladies (Beetlejuice being a womanizer, Hades always kissing up to the Fates to reveal his future, and in some of the Hercules episodes, he tries to swoon Aphrodite)
6. They hate the places that they are in (Hades is tired of being in the gloomy Underworld, Beetlejuice hates to be imprisoned)
7. They easily lose their temper when things don't go their way.
I know there is more, but I can't think of them at the moment.
So for fun and out of boredom, I did this Hercules Beetlejuice crossover, in the pic I have Hades as Beetlejuice, (drawing him in that suit was not easy!) and Hercules and Meg as Adam and Barbara. I can so totally picture Herc and Meg as Adam and Barbara, I mean they were both dead at one point, well, Meg was dead at one point, when Hercules became a god, Hades said something like "This is impossible! You can't be alive," yeah that was what influenced me to think of Hercules and Meg as the two characters. Oh if you guys are wondering why Meg and Herc are dressed up as a bride and groom, it's because of the climax in Beetlejuice, when Otho summoned Adam and Barbara to appear, and they appeared in their wedding clothes, that's where the idea came from, plus it was when Beetlejuice was at his best, hence the text in the picture, "It's showtime!".
This may look corny, like I said I did this out of sheer boredom, but let me know what you guys think, maybe I'll draw another one like this, Hint hint when Beetlejuice tries to marry Lydia against her will, yeah who does that remind you of? hint hint!